Who could have predicted on 14th January 2016, when I was invited by Denise Philips to join her on her Main Event show to talk about one year on since I lost my darling husband Alistair (he died on 1st November 2015), that I would be back in her studios to discuss my incredible eight stone weight loss – NOT ME that’s for sure!
Thursday 1st February 2018 saw me back in the Radio Bayrak studios talking about my phenomenal weight loss journey. Some of you may have read my article published in October 2017 (if not you will find the link at the end of this article) when I related joining the dietitian Davut Öksüzer, who works at the Kamiloğlu Hastahanesi (Kamiloğlu Hospital) in Girne.
When I went to meet Davut on 13th April 2017, I never imagined that this incredible weight loss would happen!
The facts and figures are BRILLIANT!
Since I started with Davut, in nine months (same as a pregnancy!), I have lost a phenomenal 33.7kg (just over 5 stone 4lbs) of which 24kg (just under 3 stone 11bs) is fat! 8.5kg (just under 1 stone 5lbs) from my belly!
My age (based on my metabolic rate) is now my actual age of 64, was 76, lost 13 years!). I’m going to be trying to lose a bit more fat before we start me on a maintenance programme!
With determination I have proved that Davut’s eating plans work!
As a PS since June 2016 I have lost just over 51kg (just over 8 stone)
Here are my six songs
- Take Me Home Country Roads – John Denver Click here
- Skyfall – Adele Click here
- Blue Suede Shoes – Elvis Presley Click here
- Ghost riders in the sky – Johnny Cash Click here
- Whiter Shade of Pale – Procul Harum Click here
- Dance me to the end of love – Leonard Cohen Click here
At Denise’s request I gave five tips, which may help you if you decide to embark on a similar journey
- Determination – Maybe I am lucky, but once I decide that I am going to do something my head gets in the correct place.
- Not having anything “bad” to eat or drink in my flat
- Going public on my Facebook page, this definitely gave me extra reasons NOT to fail
- Drinking water or Cherry Stalk tea if I felt hungry
- Memories of being slim when I lost just over seven stone in the UK and how fabulous it felt!
North Cyprus Scene newspaper are publishing my story on the centre pages of their newspaper on Saturday 3rd February 2018